Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Amel Larrieux




In my opinion, Amel Larrieux is one of the most under rated artists out. She has beauty like Beyonce and the voice of a song bird. I have be a fan of over 15 years and never quite understood why she never crossed over. I would like to believe this is what keeps her humble and creating music that is more spiritual than commercial. One thing I do know is, she does have a loyal fan base like a Tamia or India Arie.

We associate feelings with music and when you hear certain songs, it brings back memories, both good and bad. One of my fondest memories is driving in my first car by myself. I always had to drive with one of my parents or my sister, but never by myself. Being an adult now, that doesn’t seem like a big deal but when I got my driver’s license and took my first ride, I sat down, put on my seat belt, looked in my mirrors and turned on Even if by Amel Larrieux. It was one of the best feelings I’ve ever had, I still feel that joy 11 years later.





















Please check it out, if you never heard it before:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment